Friday 18 May 2012

Michael Owen Leaving Old Trafford



Former England Striker, Michael Owen, the 32 year old has confirmed that he will be leaving Old Trafford this summer and will not start a fourth year at the club.


Michael Owen joined Manchester United on a free transfer from Newcastle United in the summer of 2009, scoring 17 goals in his 52 appearances. He has said that he was informed of this decision after this week’s testimonial match for former united hero Harry Gregg and he admitted he loved his spell at the club.


He wrote on his Twitter, “The manager informed me after our testimonial match on Tuesday that the club would not be offering me a new contract.” He has also said “I have loved every minute of the three years I have spent at such a fantastic club” and “I now plan to have a short holiday during which I will contemplate my next move."

By Emily Hoban